Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ninet's Version for Shir Lamaalot (Psalm 121 )





Absolutely Beautiful. Stunning Voice.



Lyrics
+ Translation


Shir lama`alot. -- A Song of Ascents.

Asse einaim el heharim: -- I turn my eyes to the mountains;
me'ain yavo ezri? -- from where will my help come?

Ezri me'im HaShem, -- My help comes from the Lord,
ose shamaim ve'aretz. -- Maker of heaven and earth

Al iten lammot raglecha -- He will not let your foot give way;
al yanum shomerecha. -- your guardian will not slumber;

Hineh, -- See
lo yanum velo yishan shomer Yisrael. -- the guardian of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!

HaShem shomerecha -- the Lord is your guardian
HaShem tzilcha al yad yeminecha. -- the Lord is your protection at your right hand.

yomam hashemesh lo yakeka -- By day the sun will not strike you,
veyareach balailah. -- nor the moon by night

HaSHem yishmorcha mikol ra'ah -- The Lord will guard you from all harm;
yishmor et nafshecha. -- He will guard your life.

HaShem yishmor tzecha ubo'echa -- The Lord will guard your going and coming
me'ata ve'ad olam. -- Now and Forever

lyrics - Psalm 121 - King David of Israel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One word: "excellent!"
I'm not jewish but I love Psalms...